Ok, I have to admit something:
I used to be addicted to protein bars, eating 2-3 bars a day thinking they were good for me just because they were called “Protein Bars”… I would go for anything that had a lot of protein and tasted good.
Then, as I kicked my training up a notch, I realized I had to kill this fetish, a pretty expansive one too as a protein bar costs about $5… I had to stop eating these “candy bars with protein” but I still needed convenient access to healthy protein. This is when I decided to create the perfect homemade protein bar. One that had all the good stuff and none of the bad.
I wanted them to be healthy but cheap to make…. Here’s the result!They are damn good tasting and can be made in under 5 minutes… Enjoy!
(This one one of the many protein bar recipes I have for you in my Anabolic Cooking Cookbook).
Makes 5 Bars
- 8 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 3 tbsp crushed peanuts
1. Mix together the protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter, honey and milk.
2. Form into 5 bars and then roll in the crushed peanuts to finish.
3. Place in the fridge for about 30-45 mins or until solid
(Per Serving – 1 Bar)
Make sure to prepare a batch and leave me your comment below!